The Excelsior Springs Educational Foundation offers teacher grant opportunities for all Excelsior Springs School District personnel. Grant applications must demonstrate creative, innovative and effective ways to meet students’ needs while increasing motivation to learn and to achieve measurable outcomes. Funds for the grants are raised through the Employee Giving Program.
- Grants are to be used to fund projects not already provided for in building and district budgets.
- Grants cannot be used to fund teacher compensation.
- Objectives and outcomes should be consistent with the goals of your building and the district.
Grant Submission Process
- Personnel must complete the Teacher Grant Pre-Approval Form. The pre-approval form maybe submitted at anytime and will be reviewed by the assistant superintendent of academics, the building principal/director and the Educational Foundation executive director. Once reviewed, the staff member will be contacted within 1-2 weeks and informed if the grant project has been approved or declined.
- If the grant pre-approval form has been approved, the grant application will need to be completed and submitted to Sarah Baker by the submission deadline (see below).
- Teacher grant applications will be reviewed during the Educational Foundation Board of Directors quarterly meetings.
Grant Submission Deadlines
- Grant applications must be submitted by the 15th of the month before the Educational Foundation’s quarterly meetings, which are held in November, February, May and August. The deadline dates are:
- October 15
- January 15
- April 15
- July 15
Questions? Contact Sarah Baker at email@example.com or 816-826-8087.